Landscape Contractor / Design Build Maintain

SEP 2018

LC/DBM provides landscape contractors with Educational, Imaginative and Practical information about their business, their employees, their machines and their projects.

Issue link: https://landscapecontractor.epubxp.com/i/1024607

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 23 of 55

Top The Brave, Walk Behind Blower, by Great Northern Equipment, has adjustable and reversible handles which are rubber mounted to reduce hand and arm fatigue from vibrations. The large 17", 8-blade aluminum impeller produces high volume and velocity output to make cleaning fast, easy and efficient. This model also features a foot activated front discharge that instantly directs air forward. www.sweepexproducts.com Above Pictured is the SWB-480 walk-behind rotary broom with the Leaf Collector addition by SweepEx. It features a 48" sweeping width with variable brush speed and a three-speed transmission Honda engine. The brush can be angled five different ways in order to reach diago- nal curbs and walls. Other attachments, such as the Debris Collector Box and the Debris Shield, can replace the Leaf Collector making the task of debris management even easier. www.braveproducts.com I In the simplest definition, landscape debris is nothing other than inorganic or organic trash that isn't intended to be part of the landscape project. This can include every - thing from leftover sod, leaves and twigs to plastic wrap from supplies, plant pots and broken concrete. When questioned what her company considers debris, Jessica Reber, of Harper Industries, Inc., adds these few items to the list: "grass clippings, thatch, leaves, pine cones, pine needles, litter and even monkey pods in Hawaii." The Virginia Cooperative Extension estimates that typical yard waste is composed of approximately 25% tree leaves and limbs, and 75% grass clippings. Additionally, the EPA approximates that yard waste accounts for 18% of the refuse that we historically have dumped into landfills. Currently, landscape contractors have a wide range of debris management equipment at their disposal. We all know of rakes, leaf blowers and brooms to collect debris, but there are also industrial-style vacuums, high-output push blowers and dustpan/trashcan hybrids. 24 LC DBM The Latest in DEBRIS MANAGEMENT by Greg Frank LC/DBM

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Landscape Contractor / Design Build Maintain - SEP 2018