54 LC DBM
Each month, a different group of readers are given the
opportunity to answer the Question of the Month and
this past electoral season, to no one's surprise, produced a
flood of responses.
The question "How do you feel the election's out
comes, local, state and federal, will affect your business?"
garnered the most input ever, by far.
And the results: Positive - 74%
Negative - 17%
Neutral - 9%
A sample of responses:
Business Issues: 20%
Labor Issues: 17%
• "State and local taxes may impact business but federal
lowering of taxes will free up money for investment
and improvement of infrastructures and aesthetics of
• "I feel the regulatory agencies will be kept in balance
and my business will be able to grow like it (did before)."
• "I'm optimistic that Trump's presidency will have a
positive effect on business."
• "Change is good… hoping for a positive outcome and
growth for 2017."
• "I think it's going to be good for landscapers and all small
• "New York will be great again"
• "I do not think the election outcome will have a strong
impact on my business. The President, as well as the elect
ed officials can express whatever ideas they want but
the reality is that to take any real action is too costly."
• "While Trump likes to build and own facilities I
don't believe he will monitor the true needs of the USA
and thus do only for himself and his good friends."
Another question that got
a lot of response was, "What
are the most important is
sues for your business that
you would like to see the
new Congress resolve?"
Rounding out the rest of the
answers were minimum wage,
climate change, gasoline blends,
social security cost of living in
creases to senior citizens, welfare
reform and drones.
I n f o r m a t i o n R e q u e s t # 4 4 5 I n f o r m a t i o n R e q u e s t # 5 1 5